Thursday 6 September 2012

Pop of Orange


| Jumpsuit: Chica Booti | Scarf: Forever New | Hat: Sportsgirl | Sunglasses: House of Harlow | Watch: Diva | Bracelet: Sancerre | Shoes: Dr. Martens |

Orange has recently become one of my most favourable colours to wear. What colours we choose to wear is something that we disregard when faced with a large selection of coloured jeans, tops and accessories. I used to gravitate to whatever colour used to catch my eye without trying it on first, and then find myself disappointed afterwards. What I didn't realise was that it wasn't the item itself that didn't look right on me, it was the colour.

 A colour that you will rarely ever see me in is yellow because it simply doesn't go well with my skin tone. Yellow looks great on people with tan skin without washing them out completely. However similar to yellow, orange is a subtle alternative that adds a pop of colour against my pale complexion. This jumpsuit and hat are favourite's of mine and since putting them on in this post, I noticed just how much I need to add an infusion of orange into my wardrobe.

On another note, last night was Vogue's Fashion Night Out in Sydney and from what I've seen and heard via instagram and twitter, it was a huge success! I couldn't make it to VFNO this year but there's always next year! Oh, and the MTV VMA's are on today! Red Carpet wise, Taylor Swift put her own spin on the 'white on white' trend of the moment, wearing an elegant white pantsuit by J. Mendel. Emma Watson is another favourite of mine, wearing a stunning Peter Pilotto dress that channeled a mixture of patterns and woven detailing. Both star's sense of style are a huge inspiration on me because they embody a class and elegance that has evolved over the years. 

Monica <3

No comments:

Post a Comment